DUTIES OF OFFICERS:
He/she shall be the chief executive officer of the club; preside at all meetings of the board of directors and the club; issue the call for regular meetings and special meetings of the board of directors and the club; appoint the standing and special committees of this club and cooperate with chairpersons to effect regular functioning and reporting of such committees; see that regular elections are duly called, noticed and held; and cooperate with, and be an active member of, the district governor’s advisory committee of the zone in which the club is located.
IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT
He/she and the other past presidents shall officially greet members and their guests at club meetings and shall represent this club in welcoming all new service-minded people in the community served by this club.
If the president is unable to perform the duties of his/her office for any reason, the vice president next in rank shall occupy his/her position and perform his/her duties with the same authority as the president. Each vice president shall, under the direction of the president, oversee the functioning of such committees of this club as the president shall designate.
He/she shall be under the supervision and direction of the president and the board of directors and shall act as the liaison officer between the club and the district (single, sub- and multiple) in which this club is located, and the association. In fulfillment of this, he/she shall:
(1) Submit regular monthly and other reports to the international office of the association on forms provided by the international headquarters containing such information as may be called for by the board of directors of this association.
(2) Submit to the district governor’s cabinet such reports as it may require including copies of regular membership and activities reports.
(3) Cooperate with and be an active member of the district governor’s advisory committee of the zone in which the club is located.
(4) Have custody and keep and maintain general records of the club, including records of minutes of club and board meetings; attendance; committee appointments; elections; member information, addresses and telephone numbers of members; members club accounts.
(5) Arrange for issuance, in cooperation with the treasurer, of quarterly or semi-annual statements to each member for dues and other financial obligations owed to this club, collect and turn the same over to the club treasurer and obtain a receipt.
(6) Give bond for the faithful discharge of his/her office in such sum and with such surety as determined by the board of directors.
(7) Deliver, in a timely manner, at the conclusion of his/her term in office, the general records of the club to his/her successor in office.
(1) Receive all monies, from the secretary and otherwise, and deposit the same in a bank or banks recommended by the finance committee and approved by the board of directors.
(2) Pay out monies in payment of club obligations only on authority given by the board of directors. All checks and vouchers shall be signed by the treasurer and countersigned by one other officer, determined by the board of directors. No two officers authorized as signatories may reside in the same household.
(3) Have custody and keep and maintain general records of club receipts and disbursements.
(4) Prepare and submit monthly and semi-annual financial reports to the board of directors of this club.
(5) Give bond for the faithful discharge of his/her office in such sum and with such surety as determined by the board of directors.
(6) Deliver, in a timely manner, at the conclusion of his/her term in office, the financial accounts, funds and records of the club to his/her successor in office.
The membership director shall be the chairperson of the membership committee. The responsibilities for this position shall be:
(1) Development of a growth program specifically for the club and presented to the board of directors for approval.
(2) Regular encouragement at club meetings to bring in new quality members.
(3) Ensuring implementation of proper recruitment and retention procedures.
(4) Preparation and implementation of orientation sessions.
(5) Reporting to the board of directors on ways to reduce the loss of members.
(6) Coordination with other club committees in fulfilling these responsibilities.
(7) Serving as a member of the zone level membership committee.
LION TAMER (Optional)
The Lion Tamer shall have charge of and be responsible for the property and paraphernalia of the club, including flags, banners, gong,gavel, song books and button board. He/she shall put each in its proper place before each meeting and return the same to the proper storage area after each meeting. He/she shall act as sergeant-at-arms at meetings, see that those present are properly seated, and distribute bulletins, favors and literature as required at club and board meetings. He/she shall give special attention to assure that each new member sits with a different group at each meeting so that he/she can become better acquainted.
TAIL TWISTER (Optional)
He/she shall promote harmony, good fellowship, life and enthusiasm in the meetings through appropriate stunts and games and the judicious imposition of fines on club members. There shall be no ruling from his/her decision in imposing a fine, provided, however, that no fine shall exceed an amount fixed by the board of directors of this club, and no member shall be fined more than twice at any one meeting. The tail twister (optional) may not be fined except by the unanimous vote of all members present. All monies collected by the tail twister (optional) shall be immediately turned over to the treasurer and a receipt be given.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The board of directors shall have the following duties and powers:
(1) It is the executive board of the club and is responsible for the execution, through the club officers, of the policies approved by the club. All new business and policy of the club shall be considered and shaped, first, by the board of directors for presentation to and approval by the club members at a regular or special club meeting.
(2) It authorizes all expenditures and shall not create any indebtedness beyond the current income of this club, nor authorize disbursal of club funds for purposes inconsistent with the business and policy authorized by the club membership.
(3) It has the power to modify, override or rescind the action of any officer of the club.
(4) It ensures that the books, accounts and operations of the club are audited annually or, at its discretion, more frequently and may require an accounting or have an audit made of the handling of any club funds by any officer, committee or member of the club. Any member of the club in good standing may inspect the audit or accounting upon request at a reasonable time and place.
(5) It appoints, on recommendation of the finance committee, a bank or banks for the deposit of the funds of the club.
(6) It appoints the surety for the bonding (insurance) of any officer of the club.
(7) It does not authorize, nor permit, the expenditure, for any administrative purpose, of the net income of projects or activities of the club by which funds are raised from the public. It shall submit all matters of new business and policy to the respective standing or special club committee for study and recommendation to the board.
(8) It appoints, subject to approval of the club membership, the delegates and alternates of the club to district (single, sub- or multiple) and international conventions.
(9) It maintains at least two (2) separate funds governed by generally accepted accounting practices. The first fund to record administrative monies such as dues, tail twisting fines and other internally raised club funds. A second fund is to be established to record activity or public welfare monies raised by asking support from the public. Disbursement from such funds is to be in strict compliance with item (7) above.